Bridge Maintenance by Contract, D037759
HVEA provided construction inspection, shop drawing review, quality control and oversight on this NYSDOT Bridge Maintenance by Contract project. This project encompassed numerous rehabilitation techniques on five different bridges throughout NYSDOT Region 8. Extensive work zone traffic control was an important part of this contract. It included permanent and temporary lane closures; lane closure restrictions; and detours. This project also utilized nighttime construction for multiple operations. It included the following bridges:
- Route 9D over Indian Brook, Town of Philipstown – Rehabilitation of a multi-span arch bridge and included fascia repair, joint replacement, deck and substructure concrete repairs.
- Route 9W over CSXT, Town of Esopus – Rehabilitation of a two-span bridge over CSX Railroad. Included steel repair, painting, concrete repairs, joint replacement and installation of waterproof overlay.
- I-84 Eastbound over Route 52, Town of East Fishkill – Rehabilitation of a three-span bridge. Included extensive MPT, substructure and deck concrete repairs, bearing replacement, installation of new joints, steel repairs, painting and installation of waterproof overlay.
- I-684 Southbound Ramp A over I-287, City of White Plains – Rehabilitation of a multi-span bridge. Included extensive MPT, substructure and deck concrete repairs and drainage and railing improvements.
- Cross County Parkway Westbound over I-87, City of Yonkers – Rehabilitation of a six-span bridge. Included joint replacements, structural steel repair, concrete repairs, and bridge curb replacement.