Region 8 Bundled Bridges: Quality Control Services Contract 5
The Region 8 Bundled Bridges Project was part of the scour critical/flood prone bridge program, an initiative developed to strengthen New York State’s at-risk bridges to withstand the increasing frequency of severe weather events and storms. The goal for this project were to reduce the likelihood that the bridges and adjoining roadways will flood.
This Design-Build project entailed the full bridge replacement of six bridges and one double box culvert. These projects included:
- Route 52 over Dwaar Kill, Town of Crawford
- Route 17K over Shawangunk Kill, Town of Wallkill
- Route 211 over a Stream, Town of Wallkill
- Route 42 over Shingle Kill, Town of Deerpark
- Route 97 over Shingle Kill, Town of Deerpark
- Route 52 over Tin Brook, Town of Montgomery
- Route 52 over Quassaick Creek, Town of Newburgh
HVEA provided 24/7 construction oversight including the Resident Engineer, Office Engineer, Chief Inspector and up to 6 Inspectors for both day and night work. Work included bridge replacements, extensive MPT on high-volume roadways, temporary bridge construction, temporary detours and community outreach. Our in-house testing lab played an integral part in the day-to-day operations. We routinely delivered last minute testing technicians, unscheduled early break results of concrete samples that helped to keep fast-track work moving on schedule.