Waterfront to DIA Connection
HVEA designed and inspected the construction of this project that linked the Beacon Waterfront and Metro-North train station with the new Dia Center for the Arts.
The final project design included urban streetscape elements, custom stainless steel kiosks, stainless steel fencing, and a granite curbed brick paver platform to access the ferry at the Metro-North train station.
Building consensus between the City, the Dia Center for the Arts, Scenic Hudson, and Metro-North was a critical project challenge. HVEA worked to define the goals of the various stakeholders, and designed the project with a minimum of compromise.
This project included:
- 1.5 miles of new sidewalk
- Brick paver buffer
- Architectural lighting
- Streetscape and landscape plantings
- Custom stainless steel fencing
- Custom stainless steel bollards and kiosks
- Underground relocation of overhead utilities