The integrity of the materials used in construction projects and the durability of these materials to perform for the length of time expected is of paramount importance to our Clients and the safety of the public. No one wants to use faulty and/or inadequate substances that will compel future replacement and cost overruns. Having a trusted partner is key to ensure the materials used during construction comply with the project specifications. A recognized industry leader, HVEA assists contractors, engineers and owners on their construction projects through our fully equipped, accredited material testing lab. Our suite of accreditations include AASHTO (AAP) and NVLAP Lab Code: 201050-0; licensed by NYCDOB, and approved by NYCDDC; and inspected by the AMRL and CCRL. Our lab contains state-of-the-art equipment capable of testing a variety of construction materials including soils, aggregate, asphalt, and concrete.
HVEA employs the use of their own state of the art reporting program developed in house which is fully accessible to our clients from any web enabled device.
HVEA’s services are provided under the supervision of multiple licensed Professional Engineers. In addition, our competent, highly trained field and laboratory personnel receive extensive training. Many have the following:
Professional Registration and Certifications
- Professional Engineering Registration (New York, New Jersey)
- Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC)
- Certified Professional in Storm Water Quality (CPSWQ)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Certified Staff (OSHA 10, Confined Space Entry, OSAH 10, Hazwoper)
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) Certified
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Certified
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Certified
- NorthEast Transportation Training and Certification Program (NETTCP) Certified
- International Code Council (ICC) Certified
- Nuclear Density Gauge Operation Certified
- AWS/CWI Certified
- Secure Worker Access Consortium (SWAC)
HVEA has the experience, in-house capabilities and depth of staff to quickly respond with innovative solutions to meet your construction schedule.
Our team exudes excellent coordination and communication skills with clients, and go the extra mile to meet the needs of our clients. We are proud of the positive relationships we have forged, and look forward to complementing your team!