Job Description: Administrative Assistant
HVEA Engineers is a recognized leader in the transportation field located in the Hudson Valley. We are noted for both providing the highest quality technical work and our consistent performance in responding to our clients’ needs and interest. Our reputation reflects excellence in our commitment to accuracy, professional expertise an exemplary client service.
HVEA provides a range of services including design and construction inspection of transportation infrastructure, consulting and construction materials testing services.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to support our Materials Division in our Chestnut Ridge, NY office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Answer the phones, direct all calls, and take accurate messages.
- Work collaboratively on daily scheduling of technicians/inspectors and assignments.
- Office administrative tasks including data entry, invoicing and maintenance of data logs.
- Client coordination.
- Orders and maintains business supplies and work-related equipment.
- Filing of reports and other administrative activities.
- Willingness to earn certifications relative to the field of Civil Engineering/Materials Testing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma.
- 1+ years of related administrative experience.
- Dependable and flexible.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Ability to make decisions and exercise sound judgment and use initiative.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Resourceful and efficient with excellent time management skills and the ability to respond to requests quickly and effectively.
We offer competitive salaries, and a wide range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive group health, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage.
- A variety of voluntary benefits.
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement including tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off.
- Eleven Company paid holidays.
- 401K retirement plan.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
HVEA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.