Job Description: Certified Welding Inspectors
HVEA Engineers is a recognized leader in the transportation field located in the Hudson Valley. We are noted for both providing the highest quality technical work and our consistent performance in responding to our clients’ needs and interest. Our reputation reflects excellence in our commitment to accuracy, professional expertise an exemplary client service.
HVEA provides a range of services including design and construction inspection of transportation infrastructure, consulting and construction materials testing services.
We are seeking Certified Welding Technicians (CWI’s) to perform structural steel welding inspections in various project locations in the greater NY metropolitan area/Hudson Valley Region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform structural steel welding inspection in accordance with AWS standards.
- Perform visual inspection of non-destructive testing performed by others.
- Review the performance of inspections completed by subconsultants/others when needed.
- Interpret construction drawings and specifications on construction projects. Communicate with clients, contractors, supervisors, and other inspectors regarding specifications and qualification test results and site progress. Maintain field notes and related documentation.
- Prepare daily reports including description of contractor work activities, labor and equipment identification and quantity.
- Gather data and measurements to be used in the completion of checklists and quality assurance of various construction activities.
- Recommend approval of the work inspected (in compliance with the Contract Plans and Specifications).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience performing visual inspection and nondestructive testing of welds; AWS D1.1 or D1.5 experience preferred.
- Ability to review and interpret structural steel plans, working drawings, and technical specifications.
- Proficiency in the use of weld inspection tools including; weld gauges, NDT equipment, and micrometers.
- Ability to read plans and specifications, complete daily work reports.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- American Welding Society (AWS)/Certified Welding Inspector (CWI).
- Valid Class D driver’s license.
Preferred Certifications in the Following Areas:
- American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) Level II certification (Visual Testing (VT), Magnetic Particle Testing (MT), Dye Penetrant Testing (PT), Radiographic Testing (RT), Ultrasonic Testing (UT)).
Physical Requirements of this position include:
The position requires the employee to work in potentially dangerous surroundings, sometimes in inclement weather conditions including rain. They must have the ability to lift to 50 pounds, walk and stand for extended periods of time.
This position may require the regular operation of a motor-vehicle, which may require remaining stationary for extended periods of time.
We offer competitive salaries, and a wide range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive group health, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage.
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement including tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off.
- Eleven Company paid holidays.
- 401K retirement plan.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HVEA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.