Job Description: Construction Inspector
HVEA Engineers is a recognized leader in the transportation field located in the Hudson Valley. We are noted for both providing the highest quality technical work and our consistent performance in responding to our clients’ needs and interest. Our reputation reflects excellence in our commitment to accuracy, professional expertise an exemplary client service.
HVEA provides a range of services including design and construction inspection of transportation infrastructure, consulting and construction materials testing services.
We are seeking NICET Certified Construction Inspectors (all levels) with highway/bridge construction experience to perform construction inspection in various locations – NYS DOT Region 8.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate and perform construction related on-site inspection activities.
- Review the performance of inspections completed by subconsultants/others when needed.
- Interpret construction drawings and specifications on construction projects. Communicate with clients, contractors, supervisors, and other inspectors regarding specifications and qualification test results and site progress. Maintain field notes and related documentation.
- Prepare daily reports including description of contractor work activities, labor and equipment identification and quantity, and perform various measurements for payment.
- Gather data and measurements to be used in the completion of checklists and quality assurance of various construction activities.
- Review Maintenance and Protection of Traffic; ensure safe working environment for workers and traveling public is provided by the contractor.
- Recommend approval of the work inspected (in compliance with the Contract Plans and Specifications).
- Advise contractors of violations and recommending adjustments to operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- NYSDOT and/or locally administered Federal Aid project experience preferred.
- NICET Certification/pending certification or NICET equivalent experience/education required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience with APPIA or CEES software.
- Experience with NYSDOT Site Manager software a plus.
- Ability to read plans and specifications, complete daily work reports.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Physical Requirements of this position include:
The position requires the employee to work in potentially dangerous surroundings, sometimes in inclement weather conditions including rain. They must have the ability to lift to 50 pounds, walk and stand for extended periods of time.
This position may require the regular operation of a motor-vehicle, which may require remaining stationary for extended periods of time.
We offer competitive salaries, and a wide range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive group health, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage.
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement including tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off.
- Eleven Company paid holidays.
- 401K retirement plan.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HVEA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.