Job Description: Design Engineers
HVEA Engineers is a recognized leader in the transportation field located in the Hudson Valley. We are noted for both providing the highest quality technical work and our consistent performance in responding to our clients’ needs and interest. Our reputation reflects excellence in our commitment to accuracy, professional expertise an exemplary client service.
HVEA provides a range of services including design and construction inspection of transportation infrastructure, consulting and construction materials testing services.
We are seeking Design Engineers (3 – 5 years experience) for our Beacon, NY and Chestnut Ridge, NY offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Designs and assists with the production of a variety of transportation engineering projects.
- Assists with design reports, applies for appropriate permits and completes preliminary plans for agency/client approval.
- Perform assigned tasks as part of a broader assignment.
- Designs specific project components to be constructible and within budget
- Assists in developing project plans, specifications and estimates for contractor bidding documents and construction.
- Performs QC checks for project plans completed by other designers.
- Provide support for projects under construction and attend progress meetings throughout the construction process.
- Perform construction inspection and/or material testing as needed.
- Interacts with clients, and contractors in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field is required.
- Three to Five years with similar work experience.
- Experience working with contract documents and construction plans and specifications.
- Ability to perform basic design tasks
- Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Good time management skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Capable of working effectively with project team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- A personal vehicle is required for travelling to and from field locations
- NYSDOT and/or Locally Administered Federal Aid Project experience preferred.
- MicroStation and In Roads experience preferred.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) preferred, PE a plus.
- Valid Class D Driver’s License required.
We offer competitive salaries, and a wide range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive group health, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage.
- A variety of voluntary benefits.
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement including tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off.
- Eleven Company paid holidays.
- 401K retirement plan.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HVEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.