Job Description: Environmental Specialists
HVEA Engineers is a recognized leader in the transportation field located in the Hudson Valley. We are noted for both providing the highest quality technical work and our consistent performance in responding to our clients’ needs and interest. Our reputation reflects excellence in our commitment to accuracy, professional expertise an exemplary client service.
HVEA provides a range of services including design and construction inspection of transportation infrastructure, consulting and construction materials testing services.
We are seeking Environmental Specialists for entry level positions to be based out of our Beacon, NY office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform investigations of environmental features in transportation and other associated projects.
- Preparation of environmental documentation and reports that help secure permit approval by regulatory agencies.
- Communicate and collaborate well with environmental engineers and other project team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Biology or Earth Science, OR 1 to 2 years’ prior experience.
- Ability to work in a team to investigate environmental resources and develop reports and accompanying analysis.
- Ability to perform field reconnaissance work to confirm environmental asset’s locations.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with NYS SEQRA and/or NEPA regulations a plus.
We offer competitive salaries, and a wide range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive group health, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage.
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement including tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off.
- Eleven Company paid holidays.
- 401K retirement plan.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HVEA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.