Job Description: Junior Structural Engineer
HVEA Engineers is a recognized leader in the transportation field located in the Hudson Valley. We are noted for both providing the highest quality technical work and our consistent performance in responding to our clients’ needs and interest. Our reputation reflects excellence in our commitment to accuracy, professional expertise an exemplary client service.
HVEA provides a range of services including design and construction inspection of transportation infrastructure, consulting and construction materials testing services.
We are seeking a Junior Structural Engineer to be based out of our Beacon, NY office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Structural calculations and dimensioning for beams, retaining walls, footings and other structural components.
- Prepare details and notes to include on contract drawings; as well as plan, elevation and section views of structural components.
- Participate in field site visits to obtain information and measurements pertinent to structural analysis and design.
- Assist with bridge, culvert and retaining wall site investigations as appropriate.
- Use CAD software (MicroStation and/or AutoCAD) to assist with contract drawing preparation.
- Prepare quantity and estimate workups.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Mechanical Engineering with some concentration in structures coursework.
- Familiarity with basic structural analysis as well as American Concrete Institute (ACI) manual and American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) manual.
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance from senior staff on joint projects.
- Familiarity with CAD drafting software and structural analysis software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with NYSDOT Bridge Manual and Bridge Standard Sheets a Plus!
We offer competitive salaries, and a wide range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive group health, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage.
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement including tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off.
- Eleven Company paid holidays.
- 401K retirement plan.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HVEA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.