Job Description: Material Testing Technician
HVEA Engineers is a recognized leader in the transportation field located in the Hudson Valley. We are noted for both providing the highest quality technical work and our consistent performance in responding to our clients’ needs and interest. Our reputation reflects excellence in our commitment to accuracy, professional expertise an exemplary client service.
HVEA provides a range of services including design and construction inspection of transportation infrastructure, consulting and construction materials testing services.
We are seeking Material Testing Technicians to perform testing of concrete, steel, asphalt and a variety of other materials on construction projects in the New York Metro area and Hudson Valley region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Performs routine field and/or laboratory tests.
- Responsible for the field compaction testing, sampling and observation of soils, aggregate and asphalt utilizing nuclear density gauges
- Performs concrete, grout, and masonry quality control tests through sampling and visual observation, performing slump, air, unit weight and temperature tests as well as cast specimens for compressive and flexural strength specimens.
- Sampling of asphalt cores to verify thickness, density, and % air voids.
- Daily communication with site contractors, agency representatives, other technicians and project managers.
- Complete accurate and detailed field testing reports and/or diagrams.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Safe utilization, storage and maintenance of all assigned tools, equipment and materials.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills to document daily activities.
- Capability of effectively working with project team members.
- Ability to work on multiple projects/deadlines.
- 1+ years of construction materials testing and /or Inspection experience a plus.
- One or more of the following certifications desirable:
- Nuclear Density
- OSHA 10
- ACI Field Technician Grade I
- ICC Reinforced Concrete
- ICC Structural Masonry
- ICC Structural Steel and Bolting
- ICC Structural Welding
- AWS/CWI – American Welding Society/Certified Welding Inspector
- ANSI/ASNT Level II (UT, PT, MT)
- NETTCP (Soil/Asphalt/Piles/Shafts/Lab/Nuclear Gage/QA Technologist)
- Asphalt Density Inspectors (NYS AGS DTI)
Physical Requirements of this position include:
The position requires the employee to work in potentially dangerous surroundings, sometimes in inclement weather conditions including rain. They must have the ability to lift to 50 pounds, walk and stand for extended periods of time.
This position may require the regular operation of a motor-vehicle, which may require remaining stationary for extended periods of time.
We offer competitive salaries, and a wide range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive group health, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage.
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement including tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off.
- Eleven Company paid holidays.
- 401K retirement plan.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HVEA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.