Job Description: Office Engineer
HVEA Engineers is a recognized leader in the transportation field located in the Hudson Valley. We are noted for both providing the highest quality technical work and our consistent performance in responding to our clients’ needs and interest. Our reputation reflects excellence in our commitment to accuracy, professional expertise an exemplary client service.
HVEA provides a range of services including design and construction inspection of transportation infrastructure, consulting and construction materials testing services.
We are seeking a Office Engineers to work on construction projects in the New York Metro area and Hudson Valley region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Support Resident Engineer/Project Manager with the preparation and maintenance of construction schedules.
- Initiate, prepare, review, track, post and distribute RFI’s and change orders.
- Receive, prepare, review, process, forward and track status of NYSDOT submittals.
- Maintain all NYSDOT MURK compliant record keeping.
- Process material’s acceptance letters.
- Maintain organized and detailed construction files, project records and logs.
- Oversee and review daily field inspector reports.
- Track, document and manage project issues and conditions.
- Attend project meetings and record meeting minutes.
- Prepare monthly project status reports.
- Assist Project Manager/Resident Engineer with payment requisition review.
- Assist in project close-out activities including the resolution of potential claims.
- Track and process all contract payments including fuel, asphalt and steel adjustments.
- EEO compliance reporting, DBE and trainee requirements.
- Prepare and reconcile cost plus records.
- Review, analyze and make recommendations for contractor claims.
- Establish and maintain shop drawings, working drawings and submittals.
- Review and monitor contractor payroll and insurance documentation.
- Prepare final documents. Ensuring project documentation is processed in timely manner and is retrievable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 5+ years of relevant Office Engineer experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with the ability to manipulate and edit data and create reports.
- Knowledgeable of NYSDOT construction plans, specifications and estimate preparation, review processing and compliance requirements for construction projects.
- Knowledgeable of construction materials, methods and procedures.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with contract documents and construction plans and specifications.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong client relationship management expertise.
- A personal vehicle is required for traveling to field office.
- NYSDOT and/or Locally Administered Federal Aid Project Experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field from an ABET/EAC accredited program.
- Proficiency and experience using NYSDOT software applications including Site Manager.
- Specialty knowledge of transit, bridge, roadway, utility or transportation work.
- Proficiency and experience using APPIA construction management software.
Physical Requirements of this position include:
The position requires the employee to work in potentially dangerous surroundings, sometimes in inclement weather conditions including rain. They must have the ability to lift to 50 pounds, walk and stand for extended periods of time.
This position may require the regular operation of a motor-vehicle, which may require remaining stationary for extended periods of time.
We offer competitive salaries, and a wide range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive group health, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage.
- A variety of voluntary benefits.
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement including tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off.
- Eleven Company paid holidays.
- 401K retirement plan.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HVEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.