Job Description: Project Accounting Administrator
HVEA Engineers is a recognized leader in the transportation field located in the Hudson Valley. We are noted for both providing the highest quality technical work and our consistent performance in responding to our clients’ needs and interest. Our reputation reflects excellence in our commitment to accuracy, professional expertise an exemplary client service.
HVEA provides a range of services including design and construction inspection of transportation infrastructure, consulting and construction materials testing services.
We are seeking a Project Accounting Administrator for our Beacon, NY office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Organize, track and monitor Project Contracts (50-60 active contracts.)
- Prepare up to 50 monthly invoices in Excel.
- Record new clients into the Quick books accounting system and ensure that submitted information is accurate and in compliance with vendor contracts.
- Coordinate with managers to obtain contract support documents and electronically file executed contracts.
- Track timesheet hourly billing and prepare monthly invoices.
- Track unbilled hours and project available budget.
- Weekly review of aging work in progress.
- Post invoice and record payments in the Quick books accounting system.
- Contact clients whose accounts are over 90 days late on payments and resolve any billing discrepancies.
- File contracts in appropriate folders via the network.
- Prepare various reports to internal management.
- Answer all incoming calls and direct accordingly for the Beacon, NY office.
- Review of completed weekly timesheets for accuracy and assist Bookkeeper with the preparation of weekly payroll.
- Serve as back up to Bookkeeper when out of the office for all payroll activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field, or a combination of relevant education and experience. Bachelor’s degree a major plus.
- Billing and/or accounting experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks and to accept direction on given assignments.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Committed to client services and a team-based approach.
- Dependable and flexible.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel skills.
- Self-motivated and willingness to work as a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and strives for accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to interact effectively with all co-workers.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to respond to requests quickly and effectively.
- Ability to make decisions and exercise sound judgment and use initiative.
- Experience with Quick books or similar professional services/engineering accounting/billing software.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel software capabilities.
- Experience in a Professional Services environment or the Architecture/Engineering/Construction industry a plus.
We offer competitive salaries, and a wide range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive group health, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage.
- A variety of voluntary benefits.
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement including tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off.
- Eleven Company paid holidays.
- 401K retirement plan.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
HVEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.