Job Description: Project Accounting Manager
HVEA Engineers is a recognized leader in the transportation field located in the Hudson Valley. We are noted for both providing the highest quality technical work and our consistent performance in responding to our clients’ needs and interest. Our reputation reflects excellence in our commitment to accuracy, professional expertise an exemplary client service.
HVEA provides a range of services including design and construction inspection of transportation infrastructure, consulting and construction materials testing services.
We are seeking a Project Accounting Manager for our Beacon, NY office.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee all day-to-day financial aspects of the project life cycle from project set up through project closeout process in collaboration with project managers and firm leadership.
- Preparation and transmittal of project invoices. Post invoices and record payments in the Quick books accounting system
- Maintain up to date insurance certificates on file for active projects and secure certificates for new projects.
- Preparation of month-end reporting and analysis for project managers and firm leadership.
- Monitor and work with Project Managers in individual project accounting.
- Record new clients into the Quick books accounting system and ensure that submitted information is accurate and in compliance with vendor contracts.
- Track unbilled hours and project available budget.
- Weekly review of aging work in progress.
- Contact clients whose accounts are over 90 days late on payments and resolve any billing discrepancies.
- Maintain complete and accurate project folders with all related documents.
- Review of completed weekly timesheets for accuracy and assist Bookkeeper with the preparation of weekly payroll. Serve as back up for all payroll activities.
- Preparation of ad hoc reporting and special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel skills.
- 6+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with Quick books or similar professional services/engineering accounting/billing software.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and strives for accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to interact effectively with all co-workers.