Job Description: Senior Traffic Engineer
HVEA Engineers is a recognized leader in the transportation field located in the Hudson Valley. We are noted for both providing the highest quality technical work and our consistent performance in responding to our clients’ needs and interest. Our reputation reflects excellence in our commitment to accuracy, professional expertise an exemplary client service.
HVEA provides a range of services including design and construction inspection of transportation infrastructure, consulting and construction materials testing services.
We are seeking a Senior Traffic Engineer to be based either in our Beacon, NY or Chestnut Ridge, NY office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Preparation and collection of traffic turning count data, including weekly mainline volume counts as required.
- The reduction and analysis of data for SYNCHRO and HCA Level of Service Analysis.
- Written report preparation and oral presentation of findings.
- Traffic signal and intersection design.
- Miscellaneous traffic and transportation study and analysis assignments.
- Associates degree in Civil Technology with 10 years of traffic engineering experience or Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with 5 years’ experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in all facets of traffic analysis, intersection design and production of plans, specifications and estimates for contract bid letting.
- Experience and familiarity with NYSDOT specifications and ITE manuals and guidance.
- Proficiency in SYNCHRO and Highway Capacity Analysis software and VISSIM.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to self-direct and work independently.
- Ability to schedule workload, meet deadlines and project deliverables.
- CAD experience in MicroStation is desired.
- NY Professional Engineer (PE) license a plus.
We offer competitive salaries, and a wide range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive group health, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage.
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement including tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off.
- Eleven Company paid holidays.
- 401K retirement plan.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
HVEA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.