Job Description: Staff Engineer
HVEA Engineers is a recognized leader in the transportation field located in the Hudson Valley. We are noted for both providing the highest quality technical work and our consistent performance in responding to our clients’ needs and interest. Our reputation reflects excellence in our commitment to accuracy, professional expertise an exemplary client service.
HVEA provides a range of services including design and construction inspection of transportation infrastructure, consulting and construction materials testing services.
We are seeking Staff Engineers based out of our Chestnut Ridge, NY and Beacon, NY offices
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Acquire basic design skills and develop such skills.
- Apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Perform assigned tasks as part of a broader assignment.
- Perform standard computations and/or analysis.
- Perform basic design tasks.
- Assist with permit applications, material testing, developing drawings, and CAD work.
- Collect data and gather information for preparation of contract documents.
- Assign tasks to and coordinate with technicians or administrative staff.
- Interact with staff, public, clients, and contractors in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from ABET/EAC accredited program is required.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform basic design tasks.
- Strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills to perform daily activities.
- Capability of effectively working with project team members.
- Ability to work on multiple projects/deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- NYSDOT and/or Locally Administered Federal Aid Project experience preferred.
- MicroStation and Inroads experience preferred.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) preferred.
- Valid Class D Driver’s License required.
We offer competitive salaries, and a wide range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive group health, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage.
- A variety of voluntary benefits.
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement including tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off.
- Eleven Company paid holidays.
- 401K retirement plan.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HVEA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.