Job Description: Structural Engineer
HVEA Engineers is a recognized leader in the transportation field located in the Hudson Valley. We are noted for both providing the highest quality technical work and our consistent performance in responding to our clients’ needs and interest. Our reputation reflects excellence in our commitment to accuracy, professional expertise an exemplary client service.
HVEA provides a range of services including design and construction inspection of transportation infrastructure, consulting and construction materials testing services.
We are seeking a Structural Engineer to be based out of our Beacon, NY office. This is an engineering management position for delivery of structural analysis, plans and estimates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare and develop related analysis of load bearing transportation related structures and associated structural components; mainly retaining walls, culverts and simple bridges.
- Preparation of contract drawings and cost estimates to submit for bid lettings.
- Development of structural analysis efforts.
- Communicate and collaborate well with project managers and other project team members on assigned projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Mechanical Engineering with some concentration in structures coursework.
- Masters of Science in Civil with Structures Major a plus.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license required or ability to obtain in 12 months.
- A minimum of 5 – 10 years of civil structural engineering experience.
- Experience with NYSDOT Bridge Manual and Bridge Standard Sheets.
- Ability to work in a team to develop structural plans and estimates with accompanying analysis.
- Ability to work independently, set and meet timelines for interim and final deliverable products (i.e. reports, plans and estimates.)
- Strong familiarity with both the ACI and AISC manuals as well as NYSDOT and AASHTO Bridge Design Manuals.
- Strong ability to communicate and coordinate well with other senior engineering staff and project managers on joint projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to direct and coordinate efforts of other assigned engineering and CAD staff to accomplish workload.
We offer competitive salaries, and a wide range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive group health, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage.
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement including tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off.
- Eleven Company paid holidays.
- 401K retirement plan.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
HVEA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.